Thursday, March 18, 2010

Haiti gathering..memories of trip to Haiti

...This satuirday Merle ann (my wife) and I will go t the annual Haiti Gathering. in Charlotsville Virginia..Our Church helps a village in haiti in variouse ways. We have donated multiple sewing machines..Tons school supplys...I went out with a parishoner and help buy batteries and solar panels,..I have been to haiti three times. The place we would stay at before making the trip was destroyed by the earth quake...
The first time I went had my funniest story. The jeep left us at the base of the path leading to the school we would visit. As we started climbing hills I saw a very small building in the distance.
John our leaderssaid thats where we are going..Up and down hills slipping in mud falling in streams.drinking all my water and I made it.The haitian teachers we visited gaveme water from a cocnut.They knew I wuld not make it back so they but me on a donkey (very small)..I kept falling off as we went down the hill. In the distance I see John on his donkey.I shout out "Wait for me wait for me" but he was gone. Two haitians teachers help me One took one arm the other the other arm.They got me bottled waterfom the village..Up and down we went but I made it to the jeep,..Oh was i tired,,Haiti country side is rugged,,,When I made it back to where we ere staying I was muddy.dead tired,,,,,(But I made it)...Phillip Meyer S/sgt Ret,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment