Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March Madness

Hello relatives and friends,,,,Last night Merle Ann heard a small explosian...and glass breaking
She went out and did not find anything,In the morning she went down the hall way at the end of the house,My one gallon jug of home made beer had exploded....The glass pieces were found at both ends of the house, From the end bathroom through the laundry hallway in the kitchen and the living room..around 30 feet at least,,,,The beer was made from a "beer kit" Hint do not shake
a bottle when the contents are fermenting,,as I did from time to time,,When I was a teen ager in New Jersey we lived on a small farm,One hot summer day I was in the back room,,There was a just of cider on top a old Victrola (record player) a small window in back It had a cork on it.Curious I picked it up and shook the bottle and put it back,,The hot sun shinning through the window on it,,a few miutes later I heard a loud bang..I looked in the small room the cork was gone and vapor coming from the bottle,,I should have remmebered that,,,
Its still cold on the beach,,,I am hoping it get warm by Easter,,,Phillip Meyer S/sgt Ret.

1 comment: